A month ago I turned the big 3-0! The thought of turning 30 initially scared the shit out of me, but then it hit me *duh* when you live life to the fullest, time will not phase you. It actually gets better with age, baby! Here then are 30 things I’ve learned in my 30 years of living.
1. Baggage is irrelevant. Don’t harbor it. Let it go.
2. Not everyone has your best interest at heart.
3. Stay simple-hearted.
4. Growing up happens, no matter what you do. Embrace it.
5. Your heart is stronger than you think, so love hard & love often.
6. Cow’s milk over breast milk. (I was a Similac baby)
7. Dream big! The bigger and more unattainable it seems the more on track you are to achieving everything.
8. Leave the nest. Before you’re married or settle down, move to another city for at least 2 years.
9. Travel often.
10. Write down everything. When you come back to journals written 5 years back, you’ll see just how much you’ve changed/grown.
11. Never hold back your emotions. If you want to cry, cry! Yell, scream, run in place, whatever.
12. Tell the people that matter how much you love them.
13. Be kind to everyone. It feels so good, why would you want to do anything else? Seriously.
14. Broaden your horizon by becoming knowledgeable about what is happening to your fellow man in other countries.
15. Do what you can to help those in need any way you can.
16. Find time in the day for you to reflect. Have a moment of peace/serenity.
17. Get a puppy. They make your day.
18. When it rains, dance in it.
19. Believe in magic.
20. Eat in moderation, but never deprive yourself. If you want a cupcake, eat a cupcake dammit!
21. High school drama doesn’t end in High school, but you can choose not play a part in it. Win.
22. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
23. To the ladies, your period isn’t a taboo subject, its life.
24. Go to Disneyland at least once. It’s the mecca of happiness.
25. Make your faith bigger than your fears.
26. Keep moving forward. Always move forward.
27. Never judge a book by it’s cover.
28. If people find you peculiar, that’s good!
29. Smiling never goes out of style.
30. Finally, life doesn’t come with instructions, therein lays the beauty of it.
*Thank you for continuously reading my blogs. For more content check out my YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/c/bethlehemawate*
Let’s connect on social media, I’d love to hear from you: