Once upon a Jaded Gem, a baby bean was discovered…
After another epic summer in SoCal had passed and with the onset of fall, not only had the colors of the leaves begun to change but so did this Jaded Gem’s everyday products. So into the 2nd trimester she traveled and into the trash went a lot of her favorite finds. Waving goodbye to jarred miracles that worked wonders for wrinkles, stemmed supplemental smiles, sparked sprinkles that smoothed crinkles, and got her glowing from all the goo…nothing short of heaven in a pump or pill form. So somewhere between the die-hard beauty devotee and ECO baby’s eruption, this mama bear in the making saw the extra sheen in green!
1) Dr. Hauschka’s Regenerating Serum is not only a Martha Stewart MUST HAVE but a mama MUST HAVE as well.This activating serum firms mature skin, helping to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Hydrating quince seed extract joins extracts of revitalizing kalanchoe and organic clover blossom honey to support the skin’s natural functions of renewal. Smells delightful and makes skin silky smooth! Celebrity fans of the line include Jennifer Aniston, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Elle Macpherson, Julia Roberts, and Rebecca Romijn. www.shopHauschka.com $85.00
2) Andalou Naturals Acai + White Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer
Naturals Advanced Fruit Stem Cell Science renews skin at the cellular level, blending nature and knowledge for visible, clarifying results. Perfect for active skin types, humid conditions, and when skin needs lightweight hydration. This quenching and mattifying gel-cream, with Fruit Stem Cell Complex, Acai berry, and white tea, provides a potent portfolio of antioxidants to slow cellular damage and stimulate healthy cell renewal for a revitalized complexion. This is the perfect moisturizer to pair with hormonally sensitive skin! www.Andalou.com $24.95
3) Vitamin Code® RAW Prenatal by Garden of Life
As a pregnant woman, you want only the best for your unborn baby. Specifically designed to meet the unique needs of women during pre-conception, pregnancy, and lactation, Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal is raw, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free. Vitamin Code RAW contain clinically studied probiotics that not only enhance the immune systems of mothers, but that of their babies as well. During pregnancy, blood volume can increase up to 50%, increasing iron requirements and causing the heart to work harder to support the developing child’s needs. Vitamin Code RAW supports heart health and blood health with raw food-created iron, vitamins C, E, and B-Complex, plus folate. And the best reason for choosing these prenatals is the fact they contains ginger for morning sickness! Did you know Ginger has been traditionally used for generations to ease the common digestive discomforts typically associated with being pregnant? www.GardenOfLife.com $28.81
4) With Zoya you can be beautiful and safe. Zoya makes the world’s longest wearing natural nail polish and nail care treatments. Zoya has said NO to DBP, toluene, formaldehyde, toxic, and carcinogenic ingredients for over 10 years. In 2007 camphor, which often causes allergic reactions, was removed from all Zoya products as well in order to maintain the healthiest formula possible. 100% TOXIN free & 100% pregnancy safe! www.Zoya.com $8
5) Toms of Maine Peppermint Clean & Gentle Floride Toothpaste leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh without SLS. Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) foams and disperses ingredients, but some consumers want toothpaste without SLS. This formula uses glycyrrhizin (derived from licorice root) instead of SLS. Plus, we use naturally sourced fluoride for cavity prevention, and natural flavor oils for fresh breath. Toms toothpaste also receives the American Dental Association’s stamp of approval, too! www.tomsofmainestore.com $5
As Baby Bean continued to grow in size and our Jaded Gem could relax knowing she’d cast a safety spell over her beauty buzz, the world of what she knew worked and collided with the glowing goodness of green. Call it a hormone haze or insane in the mommy brain, these products are proof that nature still knocks!